October 29

The week of October 29th – November 2nd, 2018

Hello parents and guardians of R7A students –

A short item.

This marks “Halloween Week” and I hope things at VM are not too scary! Speaking of scary, how about our first snowfall last night and this morning? Snow tires, winter boots and parkas are in order.

Image result for new snow in Ottawa

Soon to come: The Rideau Canal: ice and snow made pleasurable and fun

On Wednesday, October 31, the whole school will celebrate the traditions of Halloween. Students are invited to wear costumes without masks or dress in orange and black if they choose. We will hold our annual Pumpkin Bowl between the girls and boys football teams and Mr. Marcus will wear his famous pumpkin hat. After lunch, there will be a Halloween dance for all grade 7s and 8’s with popcorn sold at the canteen. There will be a games room for students who are not feeling like participating in the dance.

The WE SCARE HUNGER  Food Drive concludes on Friday, November 2nd. If you have not already, please contribute at least two non-perishable food item from your kitchen. Thank you.

We had a wonderful day at Macskimming Outdoor Education Centre on Thursday. The students enjoyed themselves greatly building shelters in the woods, creating camp fires with flint, steel and willpower and, orienteering with compasses through the woods. We combined the French Immersion, gifted and English programs together into teams so the students could get to know each other. It was a lot of fun. Thanks to Arian’s mom for volunteering. Here are some photos of the R7A students.

. 

Have a very good week, and Happy Halloween.

Ms Swail

Posted October 29, 2018 by hbswail in category Uncategorized

About the Author

I am a grade 7/8 teacher here at Vincent Massey. I have been teaching for 16 years and this is my third and best career!