November 24

The week of November 25th – 29th, 2019

Greetings on the beginning of this last week of November –

Only four weeks left until the holidays and we have a lot to do in R7A. Mr. Catahan, teacher candidate, will be joining us full-time next week until close to the end of January. He will be working with the class on media literacy and guided reading. He will also be team teaching with me in Geography as the students work through their natural disaster projects and head into learning about Canada’s natural resources. In Visual Art, this week, we will be starting a brand new artistic process, planning and then creating our own morning star mandalas.

Image result for morning star alex janvier

Please ask your children to show you Google Classroom for the Geography project and Language Arts resources and assignments.

We had a wonderful field trip to the Museum of History on Friday. The students who attended were amazing and seemed to enjoy our tour of the Grand Hall,  learning about the Pacific Northwest Coast peoples, seeing beautiful art and walking through and interacting with the Canadian History Hall. Here are a few shots. Hajara will be creating a slide show based on all of the photos she took. I think many of the students would love to return to the museum – there is so much to see and experience. Thanks again to Taurean’s mom for coming and helping us out. We had many volunteers as the U of O Faculty of Education History class students were with us.

Hope you all had a chance to get outside and enjoy the beautiful sun and “warmer” air.

Ms Swail

Posted November 24, 2019 by hbswail in category Uncategorized

About the Author

I am a grade 7/8 teacher here at Vincent Massey. I have been teaching for 16 years and this is my third and best career!